I am getting low FPS on BattleField 3

G

Hello and I recently bought a Samsung series 7 chromos for gaming and I am having low FPS on it how come?

I have a i5 3230m and a AMD Radeon 8800m HD

Solution

yup agree with wouter. The 8800m comparatively speaking is like a desktop 7750. It isn't bad, but won't get you much more than medium to high at lower res like 1680 x 1050. You will impact performance as your res goes up, and as Wouter said if you have ultra settings, it will kill your performance.

keith12

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008

yup agree with wouter. The 8800m comparatively speaking is like a desktop 7750. It isn't bad, but won't get you much more than medium to high at lower res like 1680 x 1050. You will impact performance as your res goes up, and as Wouter said if you have ultra settings, it will kill your performance.

Solution

Wouter Termont

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

Did you try on lower resolutions?

Seems strange ... do you have recent drivers installed for that gpu (should be, but worth checking I guess).

keith12

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008

yeah, that's a salesman for you. Look, these guys get paid to make a sale. They will say anything to get the money in, and a percentage to their pocket.

You have a decent CPU, and the GPU isn't the worst. But new, modern games, are too demanding. There are some older games that I'm sure will run very well on your machine, and look amazing and with decent frames. Perhaps if you don't already, look at the Half Life 2 series, Bioshock 1,2 , Call of Duty series, should all run very well, and much better performance, but for games like Crysis 3, FC3 etc, your GPU wont be good enough for anything above low-med.

keith12

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008

I suppose without knowing exactly what settings they are using, it would be hard to replicate.

But like I said, there are plenty of good games, that will run well on your machine, so have fun with those first, and worry about the other games later :)