Question I am having trouble getting my 2 windows 10 computers to share files.

Sep 18, 2019
I have two Windows 10 pro computers sitting side by side and hard-wired connection to the same router. The internet works fine from both. I have the version of windows that don't need the homegroup anymore. The research I have done tells me to choose (Near-by) in-network action center. Then the rest looks pretty simple. Share a drive, set the permission to allow it to be used by anyone with network access. But I can not seem to get it working for me. I'd appreciate if you think you can help me.

Both computers have the same flavor Software:
Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1903 (build 18362.356)
Install Language: English (United States)

Computer #1: Dell 9010
DESKTOP-0R04N01 (in workgroup COMPUTER_ROOM) — Dell
Windows Logon:the_c

Computer#2: New_ Computer
Desktop-QPGEVU7
Workgroup: COMPUTER_ROOM --- New
windows logon: Admin

I sure could use some help with getting this resolved
TKAV 73
Casey

Sep 18, 2019
I have two Windows 10 pro computers sitting side by side and hard-wired connection to the same router. The internet works fine from both. I have the version of windows that don't need the homegroup anymore. The research I have done tells me to choose (Near-by) in-network action center. Then the rest looks pretty simple. Share a drive, set the permission to allow it to be used by anyone with network access. But I can not seem to get it working for me. I'd appreciate if you think you can help me.

Both computers have the same flavor Software:
Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1903 (build 18362.356)
Install Language: English (United States)

Computer #1: Dell 9010
DESKTOP-0R04N01 (in workgroup COMPUTER_ROOM) — Dell
Windows Logon:the_c

Computer#2: New_ Computer
Desktop-QPGEVU7
Workgroup: COMPUTER_ROOM --- New
windows logon: Admin

I sure could use some help with getting this resolved
TKAV 73
Casey

After some more research, I found the share nearby is for wifi and it only allows Pic. Doc, Music, and videos I am using LAN network hardwired. still fighting it. Still needing help!