I am RH

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhlabs

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Hello,
What a mirror on the past.
Dale Satterberg and I shared a manufacturing facility and tooling, machining and fabrication plant. We had started the first subwoofer production in history. He for the Rodgers LS45As, me for the Quads and Accoustats.
Idiots to no patent it. But we both were in love with music and creating the devices to enhance it.
The KRH was my experiment to compliment the RH Labs subwoofers with lower cost monitors (compared to the LS35A, quads and others).
Both Dale and I loved to come to work each day as we felt we were making some progress in the envelope of sound and craftsmanship. Dale is an amazing person, and I was inspired by him.
Don't buy the KRH speakers. They were names after my first wife and just as bad. Not my best work. Sorry community..
Randy Hooker (aka RH Labs)

blueberryz

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
Hi guys,
let me first introduce myself : My name is Marcus and i am living in Munich/Germany. Being an Hifi Addict, i am always on the run for good
sound using old vintage Hifi.
Made some research about RH Labs, and this was merely the only source for it. After reading i decide´d to get a SB-1 offered in Ebay here in Germany. Bought this unit for twenty Bucks, it is unbelievable. Not yet at my home, has someone of you got a service manual or some technical information for me ? I am not sure, but it is a passive Sub with inbuilt crossover ?! Or is it an active Unit ? At the Moment i only have a picture, where i see plate with two rca inputs and i am wondering about them.
Would be very nice to hear a bit more technical info about it.
(Got a Cerwin Vega a-2200 and an active rossover modul, think it could be a nice team)

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Do you own a vintage pair of Quads 57 speakers at all?

blueberryz

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
@ musical marv
nope. Next weekend i´ll drive to switzerland where some guys from a german vintage hifi forum make a bigger barbecue and there hopefully i will hear a pair of them. Never heard them before, only heard an ESS Amt so far an really loved the sound. In my home i drive a pair of tsm Ravenna (not any more existing bavarian speaker company) in the living room. In my attic i am having my collection and experimenting place, where i will test the rh labs sub and see what to do with it.
The Preowner owns a pair of Magnepans and wanted to combine them, but he never heard the sub, he bought a smaller dipol and only stored the sb-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.