I am stuck in an infinite "preparing automatic repair" loop in 8.1

Indiguns

Estimable
May 10, 2015
Am not a computer expert myself but have been able to parse threads and do the needful to keep my pc working and effective, until this time.. .
The relevant history..

Win 8.1 Factory fitted (No Backup CD/DVD ever made) :-(
LENOVO G50-30 80G0
64 Bit, Anti Virus used Avast (Now uninstalled).
Other Programs installed:
Adblock plus

Also regular runs of the following:
1. Msert.exe (only to clean the malware that got in a week ago.)
2. Microsoft Anti Malware (only to clean the malware that got in a week ago.)
3. Spybot (Regular All the time)
4. Roguekiler (Adlice) only to clean the malware that got in a week ago.
5. NoScript (only to prevent the BROWSER HIJACKING from the rdsrv.com malware that got in a week ago)

Got infected with the rdsrv.com browser hijack a week ago. Downloaded various anti-malware, but couldn't get the problem out of the rootkits without causing problems. Thankfully did a restore and started again.
Realised the Avast Anti-virus I had downloaded had also invalidated the Windows Defender.

Windows Defender Would NOT Run
Security System WOULD NOT run (Despite the services.msc showing the system security in a started state.
The Boot sequence would not change because the “Your Security settings do not allow that” (even though I am the only (and the Admin) user.

Unininstalled AVAST, and by following web forums, did a sfc/scannow
Got some corrupted files (without description)
did some Dism /... Online /.. (Can't remember the whole syntex)
Windows defender finally turned on. I ran a thorough scan (after update). All good.
The Anti Virus that I downloaded (Comodo) from Downloads.com would not be recognised and could not run.

NOW, the system is stuck in a startup loop. Without a recovery DVD, can’t think what to do.

Solution
Hello Indiguns

It seems that there is some issue with the system files. The easiest and quickest way to resolve the problem is by refreshing your Windows 8.1 operating system.

You can follow this link for step-by-step instructions on how to refresh your Windows 8.1.

Note: Since refreshing the operating resolves various issues, please ignore the title of the tutorial of the given link, and follow the instructions from Step 2.

Note: You will need a Windows 8.1 bootable disc (installation disc) to complete the process.

Hope this is helpful. Good Luck!! :)
Hello Indiguns

It seems that there is some issue with the system files. The easiest and quickest way to resolve the problem is by refreshing your Windows 8.1 operating system.

You can follow this link for step-by-step instructions on how to refresh your Windows 8.1.

Note: Since refreshing the operating resolves various issues, please ignore the title of the tutorial of the given link, and follow the instructions from Step 2.

Note: You will need a Windows 8.1 bootable disc (installation disc) to complete the process.

Hope this is helpful. Good Luck!! :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS