I bought a new laptop 2 weeks ago ...when i go to the task manager it says the disk usage is 100%

Sep 2, 2018
My brand new gaming laptop is very slow and disk reading speed is terrible and even when i press the windows key it is very crude and my old celeron laptop was smoother than this my laptop is ACER nitro 5...

Solution

Run a Hard Disk benchmark on windows and do a benchmark with live Linux and see if it Windows is the culprit. I also had similar problem to yours but i reinstalled windows ever since there were no problems

Seyed22Shaheen

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Check your disk heath and speed using crystal disk info and post and screenshot also see what is using the disk from task manager. Try Disabling Prefetch, Superfetch, Search Indexing and cortana, see if that helps...

Sep 2, 2018
Seyed22shaheen tried disabling superfetch prefetch and also defragmenting the harddrive......i dont even see any progress the windows is still laggy and disk reading speed is still slow...tried reformatting but it still lags.....
Should i replace my hardrive?

Seyed22Shaheen

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

Run a Hard Disk benchmark on windows and do a benchmark with live Linux and see if it Windows is the culprit. I also had similar problem to yours but i reinstalled windows ever since there were no problems

Solution