I bought new battry for Dell E6320 but battry is not charging and charging light goes off

shersafi

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
New battery for Dell 6330 is not charging while it says new battry should be charged for 24 hrs

Solution
Using when fully charged isn't bad. And you should be able to use it now. And they give you the 24hour window, but not all need that long. Just the next few times you go to charge it, make sure you leave it in for multiple hours so it will fully charge regularly.
The battery could be bad. If it is an after market one they can be hit or miss. It also could be that the problem is the charger and the battery together.

Try charging it when the laptop is turned off. If it will charge then, the charger is probably the issue. If it still won't charge, no matter if turned off or on, then I would be looking at it being a defective battery.

shersafi

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017

shersafi

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
Thank you for the response.
Actually it has charged 100% but as they say new battery should be kept charging atleast for 24 hrs. So it charged 100 % but futher charging has stopped and even charging light goes off when i plug in again

shersafi

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017

shersafi

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
Is it important to charge new battery for 24 hrs and dont use laptop ?? Is waiting for 24 hrs not horrible?? My new battery been charged 100 % but it has stopped further charging. Charging light goes off when i plug in charger. Can I use my laptop now? And is it bad to use laptop when its fully charged?? Please guide me and solve this issue.
Thank you

Using when fully charged isn't bad. And you should be able to use it now. And they give you the 24hour window, but not all need that long. Just the next few times you go to charge it, make sure you leave it in for multiple hours so it will fully charge regularly.

Solution