News I bought this $70 projector instead of a TV — and you should, too

Apr 10, 2021
You didn't settle for 1080p. You settled for 640x360. If you think you are seeing a lot of detail and contrast you might want to see someone about glasses.

Reactions: 18000rpm
Apr 11, 2021
Lol, was thinking the same thing. Not sure how such misinformation ends up on Toms, but seen too many of these cheap pico projector articles to let them go. Even the higher end pico's are often only 720 (most of the ankers for instance) and certainly not bright enough except in very low light. I have a 6050UB, and even that I wouldn't use in a living room or bedroom.

Reactions: 18000rpm
Apr 11, 2021
LOL at a TV reviewer thinking a 640x360 projector is displaying 1080P. This is just unbelievably bad advice and a terrible article all round.

stevebneabs

Prominent
May 7, 2019
About 15 years ago we spent more on a nice ten foot wide projector screen than you mention for a tiny projector, seventy bucks! Hey tom's, please have at least one editor used to quality "TV" provision. A good new laser projector aprroaches $1,500 at the low end. It is a different experience, so try it before you think you are watching old style TV. We spend more on our receiver, for sound and video processing than we do on such projectors. Gone are the days of overheating! Tom's should at least show some awareness of how the rest of us live and what gets the most pleasure for a proper cost.

Apr 11, 2021
Hi, we have fixed this error and apologize for it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
The entire article is just bad.

It still says "spanning over 100 inches on my wall, I can see plenty of details and contrast. "

Who in the right mind would consider 360P "plenty of details" when watching 1080P source material projected at 100 inches? At that size each pixel is 3.5mm tall and wide. It's like watching Minecraft!

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
admin Article Commentary 0
admin Article Commentary 16
admin Article Commentary 4