I can view pictures on my sd card on the camera but not on the computer what cou

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

evenifa

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I cannot view pictures from my sd card on any computer even when I use a usb cable but the pictures can be viewed on the camera, what could be the problem and what should I do?

RB2003

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016

I accidentally found a solution that hasn't been discussed here. I have a DMC-ZS7 and my problem is exactly what others have described. I see the pics on my camera but not on my Mac.

Then I browsed the entire SD card from my Mac and found my missing pictures. 2016 pictures were actually on the SD card with a 2010 date.

Hope that helps.

adesa

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016
Hello, thank you all for the help.
I'm trying to fix almost the same problem but I can't figure out the solution. I have a Sony handycam with a 32gb sd card. All the media, photos and videos are seen on the playback mode on the camera but when I put the sd on my computer (os: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS) there are 7 files. 6 folders and 1 BOOTEX.LOG file. The folders are:
Autorun.inf with one bizare file lpt1.UsbFix (?)
AVF_INFO with 5 again bizare files AVIN0001.BNP, .INP, .INT, .BIN (?)
DCIM folder with normal JPG photos from my Olympus cam (I use the same sd card on my two cameras some times)
MISC folder which is empty
MP_ROOT folder in which there is another folder 100PNV01 and inside my videos from the sony camera
System Volume Information with a binary file IndexerVolumeGuid and WPSettings.dat seems like a VideoPad icon (software that I use for Video Editing)

So the photos taken with my SOny camera doesn't appear . I tryed to connect my cam with usb, with the sd inside but nothing, I tryed without the sd in case that they were in the cams memory but No Media. They are somewhere hidden in the sd. but I don't know how to explore them. Someone can help maybe? I would be gratefull!

Maybe it started after formating the sd, fefore there were different folders.

Thanks

vasanthmg

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016
1. What you can do is scan the SD using your Anti-virus.
2. Right click on your SD card via My Computer
Select Copy
Right click on Desktop or Pictures Folder
Paste
Open the copied SD Folder
It should still show blank, on the upper right corner of the window, type in jpeg on the search bar, press Enter.
The pictures will show up, select all by Pressing: Ctrl A on your keyboard, Ctrl C (copy),
Ctrl V (paste) in your pictures folder or wherever you want to save them.

Ginger_7

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

Ginger_7

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
OMG I just created a New Folder in the menu just press menu and use the arrows until you see folder then press set and make like 101 then take a picture and put your SD card in the slot of the computer and EOS or whatever icon will show up on the desktop or in Photos and it will work again. I must've deleted my folders from before.

Status
Not open for further replies.