I can't access the Internet using a proxy add on

EJCRichards

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
Hi guys

I've got a problem where I cannot access the Internet at all whilst using any proxy add on (the two I have tried are zenmate and browsec). This is the same whether I use chrome Firefox or IE.

The error in chrome is something to do with unable to connect to the proxy server. Whilst in Firefox it says something about not being able to verify the security of the Web page.

I have no idea why this has started happening as I have previously been able to use them without an issue. I randomly turned my laptop on a few days ago and they no longer wanted to work!

I have tried messing with the settings in the browsers but as expected this would make no difference as it isn't a problem local to one browser. I've also tried disabling anti virus, no luck.

I have downloaded epic browser which has a built in proxy, It works but it loads some pages in a strange way.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Josh

Solution
That would be correct because the Connection tab itself has a separate area in which to make those settings. The LAN button applies only to the Local Area Network, be it wired or wireless.
It's all part of the price for trying to hide of the Net. :D

Try Control Panel>Internet Options>Connection tab>LAN button and take the tick out of "Automatically detect settings" then put one in the Proxy box. Click Apply and OK your way out then restart the machine. It just might work.

EJCRichards

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

there is no hiding from the net ;)

Didnt work unfortunately :(

EJCRichards

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

So I have unticked "automatically detect settings" and ticked "use a proxy server for your lan (these settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections".

is this correct?

TRENDING THREADS