Solved! I cant decide about buying an iphone or and android

Jul 28, 2021
Hello, I wanted to ask a question, I am a student that is looking for a phone, i like iphone xr and samsung a52 but i cant decide wich one should i buy. If i buy the iphone i will get it used in good condition for 340$ but if i get the samsung I will get it new for the same price. Please recomend me something.

Solution
Which Samsung A52? There's noticeable performance difference between the regular and 5G model (Snapdragon 720g vs 750g).

Overall the iPhone XS will have better OS support, faster hardware and a better camera.

My preference is used flagship phones over new cheap phones of the same price. You'll generally get better quality hardware and better performance for the money. I chose the iPhone XS myself this year. Got it used after looking at a bunch of phones. Prior years I've gotten the Pixel 3, Pixel XL, iPhone 6s, iPhone 5s and so on. Always used, never regretted it.

In that price range. I'd be comparing the iPhone XS, Galaxy Note10, Note10+, S20 and S20 FE. They'll all be good spec wise. I'd be looking more along the lines of physical...
Everyone has their own preferences. If your other devices are Android or Windows then probably an Android phone is best. The iPhone probably has a better camera but no external storage options, also if you need a headphone jack the iPhone does not have one. If I was buying it, I would go with the Samsung, but again, that is all personal preference. The specs and quality are close enough that either one is fine.

Which Samsung A52? There's noticeable performance difference between the regular and 5G model (Snapdragon 720g vs 750g).

Overall the iPhone XS will have better OS support, faster hardware and a better camera.

My preference is used flagship phones over new cheap phones of the same price. You'll generally get better quality hardware and better performance for the money. I chose the iPhone XS myself this year. Got it used after looking at a bunch of phones. Prior years I've gotten the Pixel 3, Pixel XL, iPhone 6s, iPhone 5s and so on. Always used, never regretted it.

In that price range. I'd be comparing the iPhone XS, Galaxy Note10, Note10+, S20 and S20 FE. They'll all be good spec wise. I'd be looking more along the lines of physical size, screen size, battery life and extra features. Extra features like a built in stylus or FaceID. All of them will be good choices. They'll be fast with great screens and cameras. The S20 series will have an extra year of OS upgrades over the Note 10 series.

I've actually been looking myself for a new Android to complement my iPhone. Looked at the A52 and A72. But I've narrowed it to the Galaxy models listed above as far better choices. I really like the idea of the S Pen. So, may get the Note10 or 10+. Even though it's a generation older.

I also prefer used phones as they are a better environmental choice, by reusing.

Solution

Helen Haymes

Commendable
Aug 10, 2021
I've used an iphone before, but then switched to an android. I personally prefer andorid. It was incredibly easy for me to get used to all the settings and it has lasted longer than my previous iphone.