I can't do anything, stuck at windows logo at startup after a few BSOB loops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2019
So I just bought a Lenovo Legion Y530 a few weeks ago and it was working fine until I got a random Blue Screen of death while playing earlier with my friends.

Specs:
I7 8750H
16GB RAM
128GB SSD
1TB HDD
GTX 1050ti

So my experience went like this:
I was playing a game with my friends when suddenly, i got blue screened. I didn't think of it much earlier thinking that forcefully rebooting the laptop should fix everything but i was gifted with a bunch of boot loops till i forcefully turned it off. After the loops, it would occasionally give a proper blue screen with the text and all and them after that, it gets stuck and frozen while preparing for automatic repair. I forcefully closed it and downloaded windows 10 in a usb boot drive but again to no avail. The boot drive doesn't work and also just gets stuck at the windows logo(in this laptop, the LEGION logo) though 1/3 of the screen from the top would become blue after a few minutes of waiting. I tried legacy in bios and the normal one, I can't boot into safe mode since i cant even access the automatic repair thing, and i literally can't do anything else but get stuck on startup.

Error btw: WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

I feel like the reason for all of this is a malware that i unintentionally installed through crack Microsoft office that corrupted system files in the ssd. I thought of removing the ssd(main C: drive) from the laptop since i think its corrupted and just format the hard drive and reinstall windows there, but idk what would happen to the drivers installed so im a bit hesitant.

Please help, anything that can get me out of this situation is definitely helpful. Thanks

Edit: It now works fine after i left it turned off overnight. I can launch windows normally, though advance repair options couldn't diagnose windows well. Any ideas why?

Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Another version of this is the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. When screen turns black, hit F10 and ALT repeatedly until the computer shuts off.
4. To fix the computer you should choose the second option listed.
5. When the next screen loads, choose the option "Reset Device".
6. Now choose which ever type of reset you wish.
7. Your computer should now restore itself to "Factory Settings".

NOTE: If you get a message saying "Error Resetting Device", then you should have the computer looked at by the manufacturer (if still under warranty) or by a tech.

gsp.gr81

Prominent
Jan 31, 2019
I would open the machine and look for bad capacitors. especially near the RAM area.
It makes sense that it started while playing a game. The computer was probably getting warm and a capacitor blew. If it was on the GPU, the computer should still load but it doesn't hurt to look there as well. The capacitors that control the RAM units would most likely cause those blue screens.

That error doesn't mean there is illegal software. It actually means there could be something going on with the drive. Which, if that is the case, then you would want to back up all you can before it finally went. This is why I suggested the checks and temps.

Why would you think that involves illegal software?

mgallo848

Great
Apr 4, 2018

He stated in his original post:

Tom's hardware rules state no tech help when using illegal cracks.

Chances ar eyou brought this on yourself with a cracked version of MS Office because it probably came with add-ons that cause chaos and confusion.

As has been said,we can't and won't help you in that circumstance so this thread is about to be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.