I cant log in

Princess615003

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015
Please help i bought a acer laptoo just a few days ago and after 2 or so days of using it it will not let me log on. It turns on just fine but when i click to put in my password it doesnt let me click or type anything i dont know what to do please help.

Solution
Are you able to get into the BIOS when the laptop first boots up? Usually there is a prompt to hit Delete or F9 or escape or something. If you aren't able to type or click with the keypad/mouse pad then I imagine it won't let you enter the BIOS either. If that's the case then the keyboard may be faulty. I would suggest using a USB mouse and keyboard to see if there's any change as well. A new laptop should be under warranty for them to replace, or if you feel up to it, replace the keyboard yourself if they mail you a new one ( and mail the old one back).

mudpuppet

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Are you able to get into the BIOS when the laptop first boots up? Usually there is a prompt to hit Delete or F9 or escape or something. If you aren't able to type or click with the keypad/mouse pad then I imagine it won't let you enter the BIOS either. If that's the case then the keyboard may be faulty. I would suggest using a USB mouse and keyboard to see if there's any change as well. A new laptop should be under warranty for them to replace, or if you feel up to it, replace the keyboard yourself if they mail you a new one ( and mail the old one back).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS