I can't seem to get sound from my TV speakers through my PC!

JimM53

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014
I have a 46" LG TV with minimal connections on back. One coaxial, one HDMI, yellow-blue-red-white-and another red A/V connections. My PC has the front and back 3.5mm pin speaker plugs and HDMI- VGA and DVI connections. I tried HDMI but that only gives me video. I had to plug a pair of Logitech S-120 speakers to the back of the pc to get sound with the HDMI for video. Is there a way to just use the TV speakers for TV and when not running TV, just my PC without having to switch things out. If I play a PlayStation game or play a movie on the DVD player through it the TV speakers work and they are both connected to the TV through the red,yellow and white A/V cables.The TV is only about a year or so old. I also tried using a VGA cable to the back of the PC with a VGA to HDMI adapter on the back of the TV and nothing.

Solution
Under Playback devices there's -SPEAKERS 2 VIA High Definition Audio Default Device--- HEADPHONE 2-VIA High Definition Audio Ready---SPDIF Interface (TXO) 2 High Definition Audio Ready--- SPDIF Interface (TX1) 2 High Definition Audio Ready. It currently works on the fist one using the Logitech S-120 speakers but tried clicking on the other two and nothing happened.

JimM53

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014
Under Playback devices there's -SPEAKERS 2 VIA High Definition Audio Default Device--- HEADPHONE 2-VIA High Definition Audio Ready---SPDIF Interface (TXO) 2 High Definition Audio Ready--- SPDIF Interface (TX1) 2 High Definition Audio Ready. It currently works on the fist one using the Logitech S-120 speakers but tried clicking on the other two and nothing happened.

Solution

yekiran

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016

first attempt success... keep up the good work and helping people like me...thanks again...