I can't turn on my HTC windows phone

Ladarius_1

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015
Okay this HTC windows phone was in some stuff I got from somebody, me and my grandmother. Well its not charging of coming on. So I need a optionabout what to do? And I've even used other chargers. Should it be the charger that's supposed to go to the HTC ?

Solution
No ... any standard USB charger should be ok ... try cleaning the socket on the fone with a toothbrush ... and checking inside that the little tab in the centre is not bent (otherwise you can't get the charge lead in properly.

The new HTC's have a C type usb lead but the older (1oneplus and earlier models) use the standard usb.

The battery might be cactus ... if it is removeable ... take it out and clean the contacts too.

I have had some success cooling then heating the battery in these then getting them to charge again - put battery in freexer for 20 mins ... try it (if it charges leave it) and then heating it up if it does not (by placing the battery on top of a Tupperware container of hot water ... not the microwave !! Sometimes...
No ... any standard USB charger should be ok ... try cleaning the socket on the fone with a toothbrush ... and checking inside that the little tab in the centre is not bent (otherwise you can't get the charge lead in properly.

The new HTC's have a C type usb lead but the older (1oneplus and earlier models) use the standard usb.

The battery might be cactus ... if it is removeable ... take it out and clean the contacts too.

I have had some success cooling then heating the battery in these then getting them to charge again - put battery in freexer for 20 mins ... try it (if it charges leave it) and then heating it up if it does not (by placing the battery on top of a Tupperware container of hot water ... not the microwave !! Sometimes heating and cooling the batteries can revive them ... no great loss since if it doesn't work you still have to get a new battery.

If it is in an old HTC One ... then it is a mongrel to get the battery out ... requires a lot of patience.

Solution