I currently only pay the cable company for internet service and I am trying to hook up an exterior HD antenna to my system but

Mar 12, 2018
I currently only pay the cable company for internet service and I am trying to hook up an exterior HD antenna to my system but I only have a single in line at my cable connection. When I plug the antenna into that in line I get several channels but I loose internet. I have tried plugging the antenna directly into the coaxial that feeds my tv but no signal how can I get both feeds into my house?

Solution
After you connect the antenna to the TV RF input. Select over the air in the TV menu and run a channel scan. You won't be able to tune in any channels that weren't found in the scan. If you try reorienting the antenna you have to run the scan again. Some channels that were found in the scan may not come in (or come in intermittently) so you can remove them from your channel list.

USAFRet

Illustrious

You need to plug the coax from the antenna directly into the TV. Not into the internet coax from the ISP.

After you connect the antenna to the TV RF input. Select over the air in the TV menu and run a channel scan. You won't be able to tune in any channels that weren't found in the scan. If you try reorienting the antenna you have to run the scan again. Some channels that were found in the scan may not come in (or come in intermittently) so you can remove them from your channel list.

Solution