I don't get audio out

Geir__

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016
I just bought a used Yamaha RX-V375. I have connected my PC to the S/PDIF, and want to get the audio out, without luck. Any suggestions?

Solution
that gives us nothing to go on.....

you say no audio out.. do you mean from the speakers? if so, does it work with other sources? in short: we need to know if it does not work at all or if you just can not get it working with pc.

if it doesnt work at all, it could be either broken and needing repair or a switch is tripped inside and can be reset (the codes for that are extremely hard to come by generally). i know my pioneer trips switches once in awhile and i need to reset it (the amp protect safety trips)
that gives us nothing to go on.....

you say no audio out.. do you mean from the speakers? if so, does it work with other sources? in short: we need to know if it does not work at all or if you just can not get it working with pc.

if it doesnt work at all, it could be either broken and needing repair or a switch is tripped inside and can be reset (the codes for that are extremely hard to come by generally). i know my pioneer trips switches once in awhile and i need to reset it (the amp protect safety trips)

Solution

Geir__

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016
Thank for replying, ssddx.

The receiver have two RCA-outputs: AV out, and Audio out. These outputs are connected to an amplifier in another room.

When I select the tuner, I have the radio broadcast in both the speakers, and from the AV out, and Audio out.

But, when I play music on my PC, that is optically connected to the AV1 or AV4, the music is just played in the speakers, and not relayed to the AV out, nor the Audio out.

Strange, as I expected to get signal on the AV out and Audio out, as these are supposed to let me record whatever I listen to on the receiver.

Don't you think? Have Yamaha forgotten to relay the optical spdif, or is there a setting to do somewhere?

Thank you very much for any leads on this.