I don't have a small hole or my battery cannot come out of my Acer laptop how do I reboot it

diamond_8

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
My laptop is saying the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error windows installation cannot proceed to install Windows click ok to restart the computer and then restart the installation I never did an installation my computer was working fine before this happened thank you

Solution
Hmmm

Is this just in result to hard reboot? (pressing the power button so to switch off immediately)

Does it not ask you if it can scan your HDD for issues?

Could you please go into the BIOS and check your primary boot is set to the right storage?.

The boot sequence may of become corrupted and a fresh install would be required to resolve the issue. I would recommend you remove the HDD if possible and place it in a caddy then plugged into a computer so you transfer the files you need then format the HDD.

If you don't feel comfortable removing components or don't know how to remove a laptop HDD i recommend you take the laptop to a data recovery company so to extract the data safely.

Your HDD may be dying so it may of caused a...

Wayfall

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Hmmm

Is this just in result to hard reboot? (pressing the power button so to switch off immediately)

Does it not ask you if it can scan your HDD for issues?

Could you please go into the BIOS and check your primary boot is set to the right storage?.

The boot sequence may of become corrupted and a fresh install would be required to resolve the issue. I would recommend you remove the HDD if possible and place it in a caddy then plugged into a computer so you transfer the files you need then format the HDD.

If you don't feel comfortable removing components or don't know how to remove a laptop HDD i recommend you take the laptop to a data recovery company so to extract the data safely.

Your HDD may be dying so it may of caused a corruption.

These are the possiblity i know of that can cause this issue.

Solution