I dropped my phone in water and the screen stopped working

aliciap34

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
I need help on how I can get my screen to my coolpad smartphone to come back on. I drop my coolpad phone in some water I dried it and everything then I pit it in rice for bout 2 days it rings and vibrate but the screen won't come on.

Solution
First, rice doesn't help or work. It is one of those myths. :)

Depending on how much water, and for how long, you may not have let it dry enough.

You should be taking out the battery, the SIM (if it has one), the SD card (if it has one), etc. Then leave it open like that for at least 2 or 3 days (longer if it was completely submerged and in water for more than a moment). Don't mess with it or try turning it on, or you risk frying something.

I mean two-three more days, other than the ones you just did. If anything at all was in the phone, or the phone was closed while you for that time, it would not have dried out.
First, rice doesn't help or work. It is one of those myths. :)

Depending on how much water, and for how long, you may not have let it dry enough.

You should be taking out the battery, the SIM (if it has one), the SD card (if it has one), etc. Then leave it open like that for at least 2 or 3 days (longer if it was completely submerged and in water for more than a moment). Don't mess with it or try turning it on, or you risk frying something.

I mean two-three more days, other than the ones you just did. If anything at all was in the phone, or the phone was closed while you for that time, it would not have dried out.

Solution