Solved! I feel the m50x lack bass

PetarV

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
I just got a pair of audio technica m50x and Im kind of dissapointed with their sound. I've never owned or heard high end headphones and overall the sound quality is amazing, the only thing I though would be better is the bass. They had amazing mids, highs, soundstage. My old sharkoon rush er2 sound like Im listening through a tin can compared to these but I don't find their bass very different. I tried to eq them but still didn't get satisfying results. People over the internet were praising them for their bass and I don't find it much more different than that of some 30$ sharkoon heaphones. They did cost a lot of money and Im thinking of returning them. Will a cheap mobile amp help me in this situation or do these headphones just lack bass?

Solution
The issue with sound is that it depends on the listener, you may think the bass is lacking but 5 others may not. Listen to them on a good quality setup, a PC with a good sound card, maybe a headphone amp and see what they sound like there.
The issue with sound is that it depends on the listener, you may think the bass is lacking but 5 others may not. Listen to them on a good quality setup, a PC with a good sound card, maybe a headphone amp and see what they sound like there.

Solution