Question I fried laptops motherboard.?

Mar 5, 2023
I fried it. I plugged in 12v from an unofficial power supply o the USB PORT;'. The laptop still works as im writting this on it, but the ports dont. the charging and ethernet both work fine, and hdmi worked for around 10mins when i plugged it in to a tv, and then the tv stopped working, i tried it for a couple of seconds on a vga monitor through adapter and it worked but i didnt want to kill that monitor too. The tv I killed says no signal or signal too low whatever i do, but its not mine so i dont care. I know by now that I can replace the motherboard or take it to a repair shop, but if I can reliably plug it into another tv, I could just play games with a wireless controller and I wouldnt care. the reason I dont just play with a wireless controller and the laptops screen is that the speakers also died, so I have no way to get sound exept wirelessly(witch i dont have bluetoth headphones,speaker,or anything) or throug hdmi on a tv.So the questions are:

How safe is it to plug it into a working tv while its broken like this?

Is there a way to do something to it so that I can relay on it that it wont break the tv, perhaps a safety system that could be made or bought like a "fuse" or something and safely test it out?

If there is ANY solution even if I didnt neccecarley ask for that one in particuilar, and YOU happen to know it please let me know.

Any information is going to be higly highly apricated.

I dont know if it helps but the laptop is ACER EXTENSA 15 EX215-53
and
the tv is TESLA 2K TV SERIES 9 (the one I want to use, not the one I broke).

please help i beg you

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023
The tv I broke doesnt work on any source. But the laptop did work on a vga monitor through an hdmi to vga adapter. I only tested it for a couple of seconds, and only on that old monitor, to minimize the risk of breaking something that is not mine again.