I get a white screen everytime I reopen my laptop

Liz_2411

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
So I've had this problem for a few days now, I've tried everything I could think of. Even wiping my computer out and rebooting. But nothing seems to help. Everytime I close my laptop even for a second and go to reopen I get this white screen. And the only way out is to shut down and restart by pushing power button. Its a real pain in the butt. I was told by a friend it might be binary but I don't have a clue how to fix it if it is.

Solution
Wow-wow-wow hold it there.

Do you mean you close it and within another second or so you re-open and this happens? DON'T DO THAT. Electronics needs time to reset. If you close it and then you feel the need to immediately get back to it again, WAIT 10 seconds. That's it.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
Sounds like a loose or damaged LCD cable. If you feel up to it you can open the laptop to the point where you can see the cable and check for visible damage, especially where it runs near the hinges and up into the LCD. You can also use a non-metallic implement, like a plastic pen, to gently push on the cable and see if the white screen returns, but you'll have to have the laptop running while you do this.

If you provide model of laptop I can see if I can find a service manual that can help you see what it is going to take to get at the LCD cable.

Wow-wow-wow hold it there.

Do you mean you close it and within another second or so you re-open and this happens? DON'T DO THAT. Electronics needs time to reset. If you close it and then you feel the need to immediately get back to it again, WAIT 10 seconds. That's it.

Solution