I have a Dell inspiron 7559

Hamza 22

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
When i play games with laptop plugged in, the games run smooth with good fps, but when i unplug and play games on battery they run smooth for a while and then fps drops, stutters start to occur. For example when i am playing Cod black ops 3 on battery i get 30-40 fps for 20-30 minutes and then after 20-30 minutes it starts to drop to 1-10 fps every single minute and then it goes to normal and then the drops occur.Even the windows start to run slow on battery.

Specifications:
i7- 6700 HQ (2.60ghz)
Gtx 960m 4gb
8gb ram
1tb hard drive
Windows 10

Solution
This problem is more or less related to all gaming laptops, they are hard on battery life. The power plan settings are part of the operating system. You can access and change them by going to Control Panel>Power Options and then select "Change Plan Settings for the plan you are using and the "Change Advanced Settings". You will want to increase the minimum processor state while on battery.

NextGear

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016

You will need to adjust your "Power" setting or "Power" management.
Planning video games on your laptop will draw a lot more power. So, you might want to play with your power cord plug in.

And add more memory "NEVER" hurts :lol:

Hamza 22

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
So i think i will need to stick with this. By the way do all or some gaming laptops have this problem. and is this related to that battery cant supply enough energy to gpu and cpu while gaming on battery which causes it to bottleneck

BadActor

Estimable
Herald
This problem is more or less related to all gaming laptops, they are hard on battery life. The power plan settings are part of the operating system. You can access and change them by going to Control Panel>Power Options and then select "Change Plan Settings for the plan you are using and the "Change Advanced Settings". You will want to increase the minimum processor state while on battery.

Solution

Muhammad_159

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
On start-up, keep pressing F2 and go to BIOS settings. In Advanced tab OR under performance tab, look for SpeedStep. Disable speedstep, this will improve the performance significantly!!