I have a ONKYO receiver model number TX-SR504E,cannot get any video to go through the receiver using any of the RCA in puts or

ruffer454

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017
On my Onkyo receiver model number TX-SR504E, I cannot get any video to go through the receiver using any of the RCA in puts or out puts and the monitor out is not working either, trying to get an older VCR to work on it, please help, Thanks.

Solution
You connected the VCR with composite video (1 RCA) and audio (2 RCA) one of the av inputs.
Did you connect the receiver composite video monitor out to the TV?
Some receivers won't convert composite to component video so you need the same type of video to the TV as the input.
If that isn't working then you can connect the video out of the VCR directly to the TV. If the TV audio output is already connected to the receiver then connect the VCR audio out to the TV. If it isn't then connect the VCR audio out to one of the audio inputs on the receiver.
You connected the VCR with composite video (1 RCA) and audio (2 RCA) one of the av inputs.
Did you connect the receiver composite video monitor out to the TV?
Some receivers won't convert composite to component video so you need the same type of video to the TV as the input.
If that isn't working then you can connect the video out of the VCR directly to the TV. If the TV audio output is already connected to the receiver then connect the VCR audio out to the TV. If it isn't then connect the VCR audio out to one of the audio inputs on the receiver.

Solution