I have a Pioneer VSX-D608 receiver and a Kenwood W8040 Cassette Player and when i connect the two using the rj45 connectors I

Apr 14, 2018

Apr 14, 2018
Sorry, that didn't go through completely. to continue the question - when I connect the RJ-45 connectors either REC to REC or PLAY to PLAY or conversely REC to PLAY and PLAY to REC i never get any sound when selecting MD/Tape 1 but I do get sound on nearly ever selection including VCR 1, VCR2, AM, ETC. I HAVE set the connection to Analog but nothing seems to work

Apr 14, 2018
Sorry about the previous post. I meant the RCA Connectors. I have resolved my play problem with playing the cassette. It is working correctly, however recording is another story. I believe the problem is in the cabling but could use another opinion. I am connecting the tape deck to a Singtrix Karoke box. There are 2 speaker outlets from that box. I have run one to a amplifier and it works as defined, no problem. The other cable is going directly to the Cassette Player but all indications are that the deck doesn't receive the signal. The outputs from the Singtrix are 3.5m plugins which you would use for ear buds, etc and the other end is RCA, white and Red. Although the Amp doesn't have any objection to this connection, the Tape Deck does. I have traded the cables between the Tape deck and the Amp and always get the same results. Any suggestions?