I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 , can't move any downloaded apps.to external sd card.

Allen Tomas

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
I have a samsung galaxy s 7 I cannot move anything to the external s_d card how will I move anything or download anything to move to the s_d card?

Solution
Since you are running Marshmallow (at least you should be), if you set the card as Internal Storage then the SD card can become your device primary storage. Then downloaded applications, their data and media can be moved to the card. That is if the place you are downloading them from allow for downloading to cards, and also if the app will allow it. It is hit and miss with those last two.

Note 1... If you make the card set as an internal storage, then the card will be encrypted and won't be able to be decrypted on any other device. The card is formatted when you choose portable storage.

Note 2... You would be smart to use a high speed card, such as a UHS-1 type. Class 4 and Class 2 micro SD cards (aka standard cards) are really not...
Since you are running Marshmallow (at least you should be), if you set the card as Internal Storage then the SD card can become your device primary storage. Then downloaded applications, their data and media can be moved to the card. That is if the place you are downloading them from allow for downloading to cards, and also if the app will allow it. It is hit and miss with those last two.

Note 1... If you make the card set as an internal storage, then the card will be encrypted and won't be able to be decrypted on any other device. The card is formatted when you choose portable storage.

Note 2... You would be smart to use a high speed card, such as a UHS-1 type. Class 4 and Class 2 micro SD cards (aka standard cards) are really not recommended for use as adopted internal storage. These cards tend to run about 10 times slower as internal storage performance.

High speed cards have logos like... http://www.integralmemory.com/sites/default/files/uploads/SDXCLOGO1.png and http://www.integralmemory.com/sites/default/files/uploads/SDHCLOGO1.png

Solution