I have a Samsung soundbar with hdmi arc out put trying to hook it up to powered speakers can I get a adapter

edwinrouse645

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
I have a samsung soundbar with hdmi arc out put trying to hook it up to powered speakers can I get a adapter to do this

Solution
Your soundbar has zero way of sending audio OUT to anything. It only wants to take audio IN.

Thus as audiophile there is no way to get data to external speakers from the soundbar.
You can do as audiophile said and split the sound input and extract the sound, then put into rca/3.5mm format and go to powered speakers.
You can only have 4 speaker stereo, and not surround sound this way, and odds are it will sound worse and not better due to different volumes and good possibility of a slight delay.
Your soundbar doesn't have HDMI-ARC "out". ARC is an input for audio from the TV not an output.
But if your TV has HDMI-ARC you could use an HDMI-ARC audio extractor to provide a digital audio output for the soundbar and analog audio output for the powered speakers. You won't get surround sound but they would all play. You won't be able to control the volume of both with the same control.
Adding speakers often makes things worse not better if they are not meant to be used together.

edwinrouse645

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017

edwinrouse645

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from edwinrouse645 : "Soundbar samsung does have"

My soundbar does have hdmi arc in and out that's why I was wondering if I can use a adapter to get sound to speakers

Your soundbar has zero way of sending audio OUT to anything. It only wants to take audio IN.

Thus as audiophile there is no way to get data to external speakers from the soundbar.
You can do as audiophile said and split the sound input and extract the sound, then put into rca/3.5mm format and go to powered speakers.
You can only have 4 speaker stereo, and not surround sound this way, and odds are it will sound worse and not better due to different volumes and good possibility of a slight delay.

Solution