I have a similar issue. I'd be happy to delete the driver and replace it. Only problem is I can't login because of the trouble

Matt_144

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
Unusable keys. I have a similar issue. I'd be happy to delete the driver and replace it. Only problem is I can't login because of the trouble

Solution
Try turning off the laptop, then connect an external keyboard. Then turn on the laptop. You should be able to get past any passwords using that keyboard.

Then uninstall the keyboard driver, reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver) and when it restarts it should reinstall it on its own.
Similar issues to what? You have started a new thread, so there is nothing attached as a reference.

That said, if you are saying what I think you are, that some keys are not working correctly so that you can't even log into your computer, you may want to try the following.

1. Turn the laptop off.
2. Connect an external keyboard.
3. Log in and once you are in Windows go to "Control Panel" and uninstall the keyboard driver.
4. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver) and once the system restarts it should reinstall the drivers.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Matt_144 : "Keys not working"

Try turning off the laptop, then connect an external keyboard. Then turn on the laptop. You should be able to get past any passwords using that keyboard.

Then uninstall the keyboard driver, reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver) and when it restarts it should reinstall it on its own.

Solution