I have a stereo system set up in a corner of a room that connect to the wire for the speakers for all over the house......I ha

Jackie_1988

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
speakers wires in one corner........tv set up in another area....just want to get my surround sound speakers connected to new area to listen to music in the whole house.....

Solution
To connect the sources that are used with the stereo system in the corner to the surround system in another location you could use the record out of the stereo system to connect an audio transmitter. That would send the audio to a wireless audio receiver connected to the surround system. Could be bluetooth or any other type,
Another solution would be to add a Sonos Connect to each system. That would give you two independent zones with great control. The Sonos Connect has an input so you could use that to send audio from one system to the other but you might not have to since Sonos plays so many streaming service, internet radio, and music files. More expensive but much more flexible and expandable.
To connect the sources that are used with the stereo system in the corner to the surround system in another location you could use the record out of the stereo system to connect an audio transmitter. That would send the audio to a wireless audio receiver connected to the surround system. Could be bluetooth or any other type,
Another solution would be to add a Sonos Connect to each system. That would give you two independent zones with great control. The Sonos Connect has an input so you could use that to send audio from one system to the other but you might not have to since Sonos plays so many streaming service, internet radio, and music files. More expensive but much more flexible and expandable.

Solution

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016
americanaudiophile, I have read the original post several times and it appears to me that the OP simply wants to physically move his system. Your advice is great, but if he just wants to move his system then that advice is way off base.

P.S. I was going to offer him advice yesterday, but if I understand his problem correctly then he really needs to explain how he wants his set up to sound, then we could advise him on how to set it up.