I have a Universal Remote that isn't designed for end user installation. Help!

bryan.t.irvin

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
I have a home theater system that is controlled by a universal remote that was installed and configured by a local company no longer in business. The technician is still around, but wants $150 just to come look at it, since it's not designed to be installed/reinstalled/modified by the customer or end user. Is there anything else I can do? Geek Squad?

Some universal remotes have somewhat complicated software so they don't want end users messing with it. If you don't want to replace it then you will need someone to re-program it for you. I would go with the original tech rather than Geek Squad. He will know the system and remote. Maybe cheaper too. Geek squad ain't cheap.

Some universal remotes have somewhat complicated software so they don't want end users messing with it. If you don't want to replace it then you will need someone to re-program it for you. I would go with the original tech rather than Geek Squad. He will know the system and remote. Maybe cheaper too. Geek squad ain't cheap.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 5
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1