I have an Acer Aspire R3-431T I had the bright idea of securing my laptop a bit better as its at a work location with a HD pas

sauce90

Estimable
Nov 13, 2015
I have an Acer Aspire R3-431T I had the bright idea of securing my laptop a bit better as its at a work location with a HD password. Now the issue is not a lost password as I know the password and have it. The issue is when I flipped the screen over must have inadvertently hit keys or something so that right now I cannot get the laptop tablet combo to get to a point where I can input the correct password. I just comes up in a little blue box after boot that the harddisk security sata port 0 is lock. no matter what I do I cannot reboot or anything to have that dialogue box go back to accepting the password to where I can re enter it. ugh. Is there any help for this? Its a bit unbelievable.

sauce90

Estimable
Nov 13, 2015

correct nothing apparently works from the keyboard, where I would normally type the password shows locked

sauce90

Estimable
Nov 13, 2015
I following your message ffg7 decided to try it one more time, I hit some keys and I was able to enter my passcode and unlock the computer. Needless to say im happier then a peacock. lol. Thank you folks it was this thread that made me give it another shot. Acer support etc has not been much help. Cheers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SMWH Laptop Tech Support 2
LeandroFernandesPT Laptop Tech Support 0
Capturis Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 0
Skhaloo Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 0
hillaryous Laptop Tech Support 3
V Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2