I have an Acer Aspire R3-431T I had the bright idea of securing my laptop a bit better as its at a work location with a HD pas

sauce90

Estimable
Nov 13, 2015
I have an Acer Aspire R3-431T I had the bright idea of securing my laptop a bit better as its at a work location with a HD password. Now the issue is not a lost password as I know the password and have it. The issue is when I flipped the screen over must have inadvertently hit keys or something so that right now I cannot get the laptop tablet combo to get to a point where I can input the correct password. I just comes up in a little blue box after boot that the harddisk security sata port 0 is lock. no matter what I do I cannot reboot or anything to have that dialogue box go back to accepting the password to where I can re enter it. ugh. Is there any help for this? Its a bit unbelievable.

sauce90

Estimable
Nov 13, 2015

correct nothing apparently works from the keyboard, where I would normally type the password shows locked

sauce90

Estimable
Nov 13, 2015
I following your message ffg7 decided to try it one more time, I hit some keys and I was able to enter my passcode and unlock the computer. Needless to say im happier then a peacock. lol. Thank you folks it was this thread that made me give it another shot. Acer support etc has not been much help. Cheers.