I have an Acer Iconia/A3.can I load Windows 8 on this? It has 16gb of flash memory and 1 Gb of Ram. It is an android, 4.2.

Barb1699

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
I have an Acer Iconia A3. It is an Android 4.2 with a Media Tec 1.2 GHz quad-core processer, with a 16GB flash memory and 1 Gb Ram, can I download Windows 8 on this?

Thanking you in advance
Barb

Solution
Nope. Win 8 does not work with ARM processors used in tablets.

The only processor capable of running Android and Windows 8 is Intel's soon to be released Bay Trail generation Atom CPU. Intel developed software for that CPU which allows it to run Android OS. Technically any tablet using that processor will be capable of running Win 8 or Android (not at the same time). However, there could be other unknown restrictions.

In other words, it is unknown if a tablet with a Bay Trail Atom CPU will allow you to freely install Android or Win 8 on the tablet.
Nope. Win 8 does not work with ARM processors used in tablets.

The only processor capable of running Android and Windows 8 is Intel's soon to be released Bay Trail generation Atom CPU. Intel developed software for that CPU which allows it to run Android OS. Technically any tablet using that processor will be capable of running Win 8 or Android (not at the same time). However, there could be other unknown restrictions.

In other words, it is unknown if a tablet with a Bay Trail Atom CPU will allow you to freely install Android or Win 8 on the tablet.

Solution