I have an android tablet kitkat,it's new but I seem to stay on the verticalposition.I would like to set it so it 's on horiz

jacobi333

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
I have an android tablet kitkat,it's new but I seem to stay on the verticalposition.I would like to set it so it 's on horiz

Solution
If you're referring to your Home Screen... go to settings and DISPLAY and check Screen Rotation to auto Rotate.

As an alternative, you can go to the Play Store to find Screen Rotation apps. Some are Free and some are paid for.

If you have a rooted phone, you can install an app with settings for Screen Rotation... on an "per app" basis and even just on the Home Screen.

nitrium

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009

You might have turned "auto-rotate" off in the settings. Turn it back on, and it should flip around by itself, depending on the orientation. If not, then your gyro-chip might be broken or something.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
If you're referring to your Home Screen... go to settings and DISPLAY and check Screen Rotation to auto Rotate.

As an alternative, you can go to the Play Store to find Screen Rotation apps. Some are Free and some are paid for.

If you have a rooted phone, you can install an app with settings for Screen Rotation... on an "per app" basis and even just on the Home Screen.

Solution

jacobi333

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012

Thanks all for the input.The tablet is just a few days old,I don't think
anything has happened to it.
When turning the rotation to on sometimes it rotates and sometimes no.
When I get the lockscreen turning on and swipe it I get a camera picture.
I must have clicked the shutter and didn't know it.
any way when I swipe each way I get a few pictures.shouldn't I be getting my
home page?