I have an MSI laptop for about $2200 USD. The issue is that I spilled some soda on to the keyboard. The interesting thing is t

Clownfish_1

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015
I have an MSI laptop for about $2200 USD. The issue is that I spilled some soda on to the keyboard. The interesting thing is that keys still work, but the CTRL keys are stuck. They are constantly pushed in, not physically, but something(my guess would be the sticky soda) is in contact with something which triggers it all the time. I can't write anything since all I get is CTRL+a key I press. One workaround is having the Caps-Lock pressed, but it is only very little help. Can only write a little, but once I have to use my essential programs, I am quite stuck. So! Can I fix it without sending it in for repair? Can the warranti still be intact since things are still semi-functional, and is only a matter of cleaning inside the computer? What can I do? Please, I need it for work very fast. You're my only hope, Tom!

getochkn

Splendid
Find a replacement keyboard on ebay or online.

look up a teardown video for that model of laptop.

replace keyboard.

Can't say anything about the warranty remaining. Depends on how far you have to open it up. Every laptop is different. Some only need 3-4 screws removed and a cable. Some have 2-3-4-5 cables and you need to remove like 20 screwed and 3/4 of the laptop to get the keyboard out. It can be the difference between 5 mins and 60 mins.

getochkn

Splendid
Find a replacement keyboard on ebay or online.

look up a teardown video for that model of laptop.

replace keyboard.

Can't say anything about the warranty remaining. Depends on how far you have to open it up. Every laptop is different. Some only need 3-4 screws removed and a cable. Some have 2-3-4-5 cables and you need to remove like 20 screwed and 3/4 of the laptop to get the keyboard out. It can be the difference between 5 mins and 60 mins.

Clownfish_1

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015

So replacing the entire keyboard is he only solution? Even though it's only one/two keys which are stuck? Damn...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HappyFace_YEET05 Laptop General Discussion 0
N Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 0
F Laptop General Discussion 0
Citrine Piasora Laptop General Discussion 1
Prakash khanna Laptop General Discussion 2
Xelen Laptop General Discussion 0
Ezat Hassan Laptop General Discussion 5
WilliamGuest Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 4
S Laptop General Discussion 0