i have an older zeneith box tv. can I hook it up thru coax cord to my satelitte genie box?

vickye81

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
i have old box style television. no hdmi output. can i still hook it up to my satelitte genie box?

Solution
you'll need a convertor box to change the hdmi output to the coax but it would work fine once that is in place. genie is the name for the directv boxes which is what my dad has at home. he has 2 old tv's that use a convertor box to get the signal to coax on one and rca on the other. works fine, just need to remember to set the resolution in the genie menu to match the older tv. probably not 16:9 widescreen but 4:3 ratio and more than likely maxed at 480 resolution.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
you'll need a convertor box to change the hdmi output to the coax but it would work fine once that is in place. genie is the name for the directv boxes which is what my dad has at home. he has 2 old tv's that use a convertor box to get the signal to coax on one and rca on the other. works fine, just need to remember to set the resolution in the genie menu to match the older tv. probably not 16:9 widescreen but 4:3 ratio and more than likely maxed at 480 resolution.

Solution