I have colored streaks 1" at the bottom & top of my screen, with gray leopard spots transparent on the rest of the screen. It

Colin_34

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
I have colored streaks 1" at the bottom & top of my screen, with gray leopard spots transparent on the rest of the screen. I can see through the leopard spots, but the streaks seem to overlay the screen & nothing can be seen. Any ideas what is going on? It seems odd for a tech glitch, so I'm thinking virus...

It doesn't sound like a virus to me, but hardware.

Try turning off the laptop, connect and external monitor, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop.

If you can see just fine on the external monitor, then either the ribbon cable that connects it or the attached display are your problem and will need replacing.

If you get the same issue on the external monitor, then I would be looking at the graphics card/GPU as the issue (which could mean the motherboard will need replacing).

It doesn't sound like a virus to me, but hardware.

Try turning off the laptop, connect and external monitor, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop.

If you can see just fine on the external monitor, then either the ribbon cable that connects it or the attached display are your problem and will need replacing.

If you get the same issue on the external monitor, then I would be looking at the graphics card/GPU as the issue (which could mean the motherboard will need replacing).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 3
Ethereal Epoxy Laptop Tech Support 0
Christo3333 Laptop Tech Support 3
Menntos Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 4
anubiss Laptop Tech Support 4
P Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 5