I have half a dozen USB-C chargers in my house — none of them charge the Pixel 9 Pro XL at full speed

Sep 2, 2024
Charge tests should be done with the supplied charger. If they don't supply one, then it should be done with the OLDEST charger that most people would be expected to have. No buying a new charger. It should be rated on this charger you have!

If they won't supply a "current" charger, then let's see the realistic charge times with a real charger somebody actually has available.

Sure. mention the manufacture charge times. But note the need to spend $$$ to possibly achieve those (untested) specs.

Sep 2, 2024
I bought the charger right away because this triple plug samsung charger I had died. I haven't tested any speeds at all but I can definitely try it out. I bought a pixel stand 2 also only disappointing part with that even with a super slim case the case still needs to be removed.

Sep 4, 2024
Getting ready to set up a new 9pxl this week. I'll have to cycle through my charging brigade to see what's up. I've meticulously selected my chargers based on supported standards levels, so I'm feeling moderately confident I'll have at least one or two that will work

Sep 4, 2024
There is a similar problem with the Samsung 45W Superfast 2.0 charging protocol: like the Pixel, it requires higher than standard PPS output specs. Even the official Samsung charger doesn't meet the required output.

One of the few chargers that officially meet the Samsung 45W Superfast 2.0 specs is the Anker 313 Ace charger - and based on its PPS specs, it should work for your Pixel too!

Sep 5, 2024
I would probably reserve judgement until testing each charger from 0% to 100% charge.

As I understand it your real-time charging wattage could vary depending on heat, adaptive charging, etc.

It may be that the 20-ish watts you see from multiple chargers is just the amount the phone was requesting at that time and depending on those other factors you could see higher or lower wattage from the same chargers.

Sep 5, 2024
This is one of the more misinformed articles I have seen. If the proper amount of prep work for this article had been done, such as buying the official charger or testing other phones, you may have found similar results amongst those as well. A phone only receives its maximum rated wattage for a short period of time during a 0-100 charge. During the majority of its charge it charges at a lower wattage. Had you bothered to test another phone or bought the official charger before posting an article saying the official charger is the only one that would produce your expected results you would have noticed the same behavior you experienced in this article.
It may be best to do a little research on the way phones negotiate a charge using power delivery, buy the official charger, test additional phones, and post an update to this article or retract it. I find this article is misleading people to believe there is something wrong or different about the phone when there simply is not.

Sep 4, 2024
I would probably reserve judgement until testing each charger from 0% to 100% charge.

As I understand it your real-time charging wattage could vary depending on heat, adaptive charging, etc.

It may be that the 20-ish watts you see from multiple chargers is just the amount the phone was requesting at that time and depending on those other factors you could see higher or lower wattage from the same chargers.
Good point - on my Samsung it takes 3x longer to charge from 80% to 100% than it takes from 60% to 80%. The draw is definitely throttled as the battery fills.

Sep 4, 2024
This is one of the more misinformed articles I have seen. If the proper amount of prep work for this article had been done, such as buying the official charger or testing other phones, you may have found similar results amongst those as well. A phone only receives its maximum rated wattage for a short period of time during a 0-100 charge. During the majority of its charge it charges at a lower wattage. Had you bothered to test another phone or bought the official charger before posting an article saying the official charger is the only one that would produce your expected results you would have noticed the same behavior you experienced in this article.
It may be best to do a little research on the way phones negotiate a charge using power delivery, buy the official charger, test additional phones, and post an update to this article or retract it. I find this article is misleading people to believe there is something wrong or different about the phone when there simply is not.
Watching the phone charge from say 15% to 100% for each charger and seeing how the draw changes over time would do the trick. Or you could check the draw at three or four load points (say 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%), and see how fast it fills up 5%.

Sep 5, 2024
I would never buy a pixel again. It's super fussy about what charger and cable. Must be USB c to USB c or nothing. Even then sometimes it's not even fully charged in the morning after being put on charge at bedtime. My 6 year old Huawei charges in less than a quarter of the time.

Sep 9, 2024
Charge tests should be done with the supplied charger. If they don't supply one, then it should be done with the OLDEST charger that most people would be expected to have. No buying a new charger. It should be rated on this charger you have!

If they won't supply a "current" charger, then let's see the realistic charge times with a real charger somebody actually has available.

Sure. mention the manufacture charge times. But note the need to spend $$$ to possibly achieve those (untested) specs.
And what would that be? I have chargers for flip phones still? And for devices around 2010

Like the samsung usb A I have
Output 5v = 1.0A