i have windows 8.1 pro installed i dont see the relatek audio driver and it doesnt identify my headphones with built in mic wh

Nov 3, 2018
Help please, I recently did a clean install of win 8.1 pro and the issue us my device doesnt identify the headphones wth built in mic when plugged in i tried t get drivers but it doesnt work.What should I do?

Solution
It is possible that the problem is the port, but try the following to get it to notice the headphones and then the second list for the mic. Yes I know it is a bit of a pain to have to check/do both, but that is how it is.

If your external speakers/headphones aren't working, try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

NOTE...
It is possible that the problem is the port, but try the following to get it to notice the headphones and then the second list for the mic. Yes I know it is a bit of a pain to have to check/do both, but that is how it is.

If your external speakers/headphones aren't working, try the following...

2. Click on "Sound".
3. Make sure you are on the "Playback" tab.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and follow the prompts. (Be sure you also click the "Test" button.)
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".

NOTE: If they don't show in there, right click on the white background of that window and make sure both "Show disabled devices" and "Show disconnected devices" is checked.

Should you still not see the them, right click on the "Speakers", only while the headphones/speakers are plugged in, and disable them. This may resolve the issue. Be sure you test that the internal speakers work again, when you unplug the headphones/speakers.

If your microphone isn't working, try the following...

2. Click on "Sound".
3. Click the "Recording" tab.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and then click "Set up Microphone".

Solution