I have Windows Defender. Is that all I need?

emstuart91

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
I have Windows Defender. Is that all I need? How do I make sure I have the best protection for my laptop?

Solution
Um...Win10 has a built-in firewall that works great, Defender has app & browser control, it's built in as part of the OS...and other AV programs have been known to bork Win10. Except to give other people money (or get blasted with their ads if you use the free version...) why would you use something else.

mazboy

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
Um...Win10 has a built-in firewall that works great, Defender has app & browser control, it's built in as part of the OS...and other AV programs have been known to bork Win10. Except to give other people money (or get blasted with their ads if you use the free version...) why would you use something else.

Solution

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
I suggest getting SUPER AntiSpyware also.
I don't leave it on though, I run it once a week to clean my system of cookies and malware.

Used to use Malawarebytes but that will find like 10 things and when I run SUPER AntiSpyware right afterwards it finds 1,300 things that Malawarebytes skipped.
I was told it's just deleting cookies and garbage files, but what's wrong with that?

bajgur

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016

i use
windows defender/microsoft security essential = for viruses
malwarebytes = for malware
ccleaner = for cleaning garbage

and i never "believe" in all in one software/apps