I need a less expensive alternative to LogMeIn for remote access like LiteManager

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigaman

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
Hello,
I have a subscription to LogMeIn Central which I use to occasionally remote into clients' servers and workstations (both PCs & Macs) to provide remote support during working hours and also to do after-hours maintenance.
I currently use LogMeIn's "Central Basic 100" plan and when it renews in a few days, the annual subscription will be $675.
That is way more money than I want to spend.
Would appreciate feedback and suggestions from other IT consultants for less expensive alternatives like Litemanager with HelpDesk license $300.
What yours?
Thanks in advance

gigaman

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014

I dont like it, because need to do an update every year, it's not cheap.

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
OK, then, you're making money off of this, it's a part of your overhead or a charge you pass on to your client, don't be cheap when you are trying to be professional.

faalin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Well to cancel logmein you have to call, you can no longer do it through the webpage. When i canceled my account they offered to lower the price to keep me. I would give that a try and see what price they will offer you.

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006

That alone is a signal not to use them IMO.

gigaman

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
Yes, I think everyone is right for himself. Can buy. I'll first try Litemanager for free. Does anyone use this? I liked that it's free in the business for 30 pcs. If I have 100 PCs, then I need to buy 70 licenses ..?

Status
Not open for further replies.