I need a microphone better then the snowball?

Varzoh

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015
I want a good price microphone for livestreaming and recording. I want to be able to sound clear and have no one hear me type of click. Help?

Solution
in order of quality...

snowball
atr2500
at2020,at2020usb, yeti
at2035

the reason the yeti picked up more background noise is because of its sensitivity. this is not necessarily a bad thing although not desirable in all cases.

you might want to give thought to the at2020 xlr version and using a usb mixer with it. this would give you analog control over things such as gain and volume as well as giving you control over headphone volume if listening as well.

keep in mind that more expensive (read: better) microphones may be more sensitive and proper microphone placement is key. YOU should be the closest noise generating object to the microphone and it should be mounted in a shock mount with windscreen. many people make the mistake of...

Ohh OriginaLz

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
I have had the Snowball, the Yeti. I have to say this DONT GET THE YETI. They Yeti picks up every little sound that you make. I went to the Audiotechinca AT2020+ USB microphone and it sounds amazing compared to the Yeti. On the AT2020 you cannot hear any faint background noise. I believe that the AT2020+ costs 2x the price of the Snowball but it is an amazing investment. If you are serious about live streaming and recording the Audiotechinca AT2020+ is the way to go, hands down the best USB microphone out on the market right now.

UK Link- http://www.amazon.co.uk/AUDIO-TECHNICA-AT2020USB-Ipad-Iphone/dp/B00B5ZX9FM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439495463&sr=8-1&keywords=at2020%2B

US Link- http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT2020USB-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B00D6R1R0Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1439495443&sr=8-2&keywords=at2020%2B

in order of quality...

snowball
atr2500
at2020,at2020usb, yeti
at2035

the reason the yeti picked up more background noise is because of its sensitivity. this is not necessarily a bad thing although not desirable in all cases.

you might want to give thought to the at2020 xlr version and using a usb mixer with it. this would give you analog control over things such as gain and volume as well as giving you control over headphone volume if listening as well.

keep in mind that more expensive (read: better) microphones may be more sensitive and proper microphone placement is key. YOU should be the closest noise generating object to the microphone and it should be mounted in a shock mount with windscreen. many people make the mistake of sitting the mic on the desk next to the keyboard then complaining about keyboard noise - this violates the first rule i mentioned above about closest object. a boom mount is ideal

Solution