I need a PATA to SATA adapter that will fit in an old Dell Inspiron 9200 laptop

Madmaxneo

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014
I have an old dell Inspiron 9200 17" widescreen laptop I purhcased brand new in 2004 that I would rather not simply trash. This Laptop has been through a lot with me and still runs great. I would like to add a SSD for the size increase and the disc access improvements. The PATA SSD's are extremely expensive, almost the cost of a new latptop in some cases. I noticed that they have converters for such a thing but I am having trouble finding one that will fit into a laptop that is a PATA to SATA adapter. This old Dell is a large laptop and it was the first 17" widescreen laptop that Dell developed. I have a little more room than most laptops to play with where the hard drive goes and might be willing to mod the case a little. I was looking at about a 256gb SSD and if possible one that doesn't come with the enclosure as that would also save some space in the bay.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction for this.

Bruce

Madmaxneo

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014
That's correct, I need one for a 2.5" HDD. The one jarotech recommended might work except it ships from overseas. I have had nothing but bad experiences from overseas.

I don't know where you come from? I could, maybe link you a site from where you are, but you never mention where you are?

Madmaxneo

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014
Well the problem is either the product never getting here or not working. Which doesn't help with what I am trying to do. I'd like to get a part that works. Instead of going back and forth for a few months with the shipping times and what not.

Why did you said it will not work? Even if you bought it from the US, it will be made in China, and you will paid more for the same item. Give them a chance to prove it will work.

Madmaxneo

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014

It's happened every time I have ordered something from there. I think I was up to almost a dozen times before I gave up on getting stuff from there. But If I order something that is shipped from within the States it works 98% of the time and I get it quickly. If there is a problem I get a replacement faster than when I received the original. Not everything tech is made in China, there are plenty of things made here in the states. Besides there are different levels of "quality" coming from China. Not to mention that a lot of products (like the iphone) go through some testing tmake sure it works before they sell it here in the states.
But "otoh" if this is the only place that has something like this I might have to try once again. I'd rather avoid the hassle though.