I need a radio

SerbianGuy211

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
I live in Eastern Europe (Serbia), and I like to listen to some talk shows in the US over the radio. However, whenever I google for a "radio", I get those that play local stations and not many of them, is there any radio that I can buy (from Serbian suppliers or from AliExpress) that lets me listen to radio shows in the US, UK? If yes, what's it called and what's the average price?

Solution
Sorry, I probably don't know any more about shortwave radios than you do. I just remembered reading somewhere that they can have really long range, because that frequency range is better able to reflect off the atmosphere and ground (for whatever reason), allowing them to bounce around the curvature of the earth.

Anything else I could tell you would just be something I read from the wikipedia page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shortwave_radio

I will say that whatever stations you want to listen to would have to be broadcast in a shortwave band. I have no idea how common shortwave stations are, compared to normal AM/FM.

SerbianGuy211

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016

I thought so too, but this guy had this frequency (a food rating guy, TheReportOfTheWeek, you may know him) who lives in Florida, US and he once said during his live stream "look, we have a guy tuning in from Bulgaria..." what's up with that?

SerbianGuy211

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016

Shortwave! The word I've been looking for. Could you elaborate a bit more on those type of radios?

TJ Hooker

Honorable
Apr 15, 2014
Sorry, I probably don't know any more about shortwave radios than you do. I just remembered reading somewhere that they can have really long range, because that frequency range is better able to reflect off the atmosphere and ground (for whatever reason), allowing them to bounce around the curvature of the earth.

Anything else I could tell you would just be something I read from the wikipedia page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shortwave_radio

I will say that whatever stations you want to listen to would have to be broadcast in a shortwave band. I have no idea how common shortwave stations are, compared to normal AM/FM.

Solution