I need an experts opinion on gaming laptops

Longardia

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
I'm currently saving up for a gaming laptop. I am willing to spend at least $1,000 but would prefer not to go much higher. I would like someone to point me in the right direction. I want a computer with a decent lifespan (get me through college and then some). I want it to be capable of running high quality games (I will not be playing MMOs). The battery life isn't to much of an issue, as long as it last 3+ hours i'm satisfied. The picture quality is of course important, but I don't care for a touch screen. The size doesn't matter either. Unless the size has something to do with the system overheating, I don't care how bulky or slim it is.

I heard Alienware tends to overheat and have short lifespans because of it, is there any truth to this?

Overall I would like some suggestions. A brand name, certain parts I should avoid or look for, or even a specific computer would be very helpful.

velo3100

Splendid
For that price you are looking at the entry level of the gaming laptops. The best you will most likely get is probably the lenovo y50 I think. This laptop is the best budget end laptop I can think of or the y40 if it is too expensive.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop General Discussion 3
M Laptop General Discussion 7
O Laptop General Discussion 1
U Laptop General Discussion 4
J Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 4
P Laptop General Discussion 4
D Laptop General Discussion 2
D Laptop General Discussion 8
M Laptop General Discussion 10
T Laptop General Discussion 1