I need help finding a laptop with these specifications

NoizyBoyStatic

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015
I am looking for a laptop with these specifications because my mom broke my old one and now I want a badass one that I won't have to replace for a long time I already have a monster desktop that's where all my knowledge is I don't know a great deal about laptops I need help cuz i cant find one thats prebuilt and custom built ones are to expensive and over priced just like alienware
And im not to familiar with laptop graphics is it better to have a 970m with 2g or a 880m with 3g please explain i want whatever is better

Cpu: I7 2.6ghz or faster
Memory: 8g or more but no more then 16g
Graphics: 900 series or amd equivalent
Display: 15" toutch screen (4k would be awesome but not necessary)
Storage: atleast 750g hd 7200rpm or more and atleast 126g ssd or more
Price: $2000 is my max but I'd like to be at $1500

I really like the Toshiba laptops but I couldn't find one with 2 hard drives sucks

stokieben

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Hey, glad to see somebody interested in the laptop scene ! The Vram (GB of memory for the GPU) doesn't affect performance too much so don't worry for reference the 970m Is about 15% faster than the 880M so vram difference doesn't matter.

For a laptop there are many great choices, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152691 is a brilliant laptop with a 970m, 4k resolution and good storage as well as being lightweight.

I personally would stay away from gigabyte P34W as it has bad build quality and heat issues throttling performance.

NoizyBoyStatic

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015
14" is to small and 17" is to big and bulky to me 15" is perfect. I have updated my specifications please help me find something again. I definitely want to stay away from anything that has a problem with heat.

NoizyBoyStatic

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015
I found this it's the closest I've come to finding what I want just not toutch screen. Tell me what you think is sager ger any good? I have never heard of them a sales rep told me they are built on the clevo chassis which alienware used to use before dell bought them out. I'd please help.

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8652s-clevo-p650sg-p-8133.html

And I just found this one both the Cpu and get can be upgraded in the future and is customizable but once again I'll have to go without a toutch screen but I really like this one the best it's slightly bigger and 2 pounds heavier than the first one I linked but I think this is my winner so far it's a beast tell me what you think of it please I want to know more about it before I spend that much money on it
http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9752s-clevo-p750zm-p-7854.html

But now I'm confused $2000 is over kill or should I just get a top end Toshiba for my school work I'd please help the segar is so awesome but I'm a Toshiba fanboy

stokieben

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Clevo are a generic chassis however they are very fit for your purpose, you can get very good value from them and super performance. However they don't have the best keyboards I have heard but really a beast machine. Lots of websites sell laptops with clevo chassis so they are generally good.

I used to be a Toshiba fan myself. If you are speaking of the latest models in their Qosmio line, I would avoid them. Everything I've read and heard about them says the build quality has slipped significantly, and many of them are also prone to overheating/throttling. :(