I reset my computer. After the reset, my frames on every game dropped by a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanG10

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
About 4 weeks ago i reset my computer. After i reset it i dropped frames in every game. For example, on CSGO I would always be above 300fps. Now it is always lower than 200fps. I know I cant see a difference but the fact that it used to be higher than 3003fp and now its below 200fps, it just does not make sense and i do not know why a reset would cause this. I had a geeksquad agent come to my house and he said that the reset could have effected the gpu in some way. But i do not know what the problem is. I sent the computer to BestBuy and they said everything was fine and running as it should. When i got the computer back there was no difference in fps. Please help.

Solution
No, you have reset Windows and your Power Options are in Windows that I was referring too.

Your Bios is to Overclock your CPU and your buddy set your Bios priority for the OS which would reside on your SSD. Go here on how to set and configure your Power Options in Windows.

https://www.howtogeek.com/240840/should-you-use-the-balanced-power-saver-or-high-performance-power-plan-on-windows/
Next go into Nvidia Control Panel.
select the menu option to Manage 3D Settings. In global performance you have a setting for Power management mode. Set this for "Preferred Max Performance"

MeanMachine41

Estimable
May 8, 2014
Hi JordanG10 :)

If you mean by reset you cleared CMOS then this may account for lesser performance if the system was OCed at all. Clearing CMOS would bring Bios back to default.
List your full system specs if you wish to OC.

MeanMachine41

Estimable
May 8, 2014
Well if your Bios is at default and no OC then BestBuy are correct. You have a high end system with enough grunt to play any AAA games at max settings even at default and why are you wanting 300fps anyway.?

Again,what did you reset that caused the frame drop.?

Have you checked in Windows Nvidia control for preferred max performance.?
Have you tested your GTX 1080 by benchmarking to see if the card is performing correctly.? You can use Cinebench R15 for this purpose.

JordanG10

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
I did a factory reset, my friend built the computer and he did do something in the bios with the SSD card but i don't know what he did. I understand i don't need 300fps but its the fact that i used to have that fps on CSGO and now it wont even reach 200fps. I do not know if an SSD card could make that much of a difference, but i do not know a lot about computers.

MeanMachine41

Estimable
May 8, 2014
OK well if you did a factory reset in Windows then it should have created a System Restore Point.
Restore to a date previous to the factory reset and see how you go.
If your not sure how, then list your OS and details will be given.

MeanMachine41

Estimable
May 8, 2014
Oh dear. If you have no restore point and depending on what you chose in the options for reset then you will have to configure your Power options and Nvidia settings.
Once that's done, benchmark using Cinebench R15 and post your results for OpenGL and the CPU.
It is always a good idea to save a Restore Point before installing or making changes to anything that may affect the registry.

JordanG10

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
Where can i find the power options? In the BIOS? And my buddy made the computer start up on the SSD if that makes sense. If the reset did reset the BIOS and he did what he did before in the BIOS would my pc be back to normal?

MeanMachine41

Estimable
May 8, 2014
No, you have reset Windows and your Power Options are in Windows that I was referring too.

Your Bios is to Overclock your CPU and your buddy set your Bios priority for the OS which would reside on your SSD. Go here on how to set and configure your Power Options in Windows.

https://www.howtogeek.com/240840/should-you-use-the-balanced-power-saver-or-high-performance-power-plan-on-windows/
Next go into Nvidia Control Panel.
select the menu option to Manage 3D Settings. In global performance you have a setting for Power management mode. Set this for "Preferred Max Performance"

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.