I saw 75 movies in theaters this year — here’s the 5 best and 5 worst

Rufionn

Commendable
Feb 24, 2022

rgd1101

Don't
Why do all bloggers think they have to try to be experts on all subjects?? Stick to technical advice. I appreciate your technical advice, , , or at least I did until I read your movie comments. Now I am beginning to have doubts.
the article is on the Opinion section. you do know you don't have to read all the article. but thanks for reading

Reactions: CharlieBHWB

Rufionn

Commendable
Feb 24, 2022
the article is on the Opinion section. you do know you don't have to read all the article. but thanks for reading
Thanks for the advice. I actually do know that I didn’t have to read any, part or all of the article - - - that wasn’t the point.

Dec 24, 2023
I'm new and saw a link to this article somewhere. I hoped I'd find some hidden gems, but they are mostly just blockbusters. Oppenheimer could have been a great movie...I don't think it was great. What about The Holdovers? One of my favorites this year (but I don't see as many as you! You're lucky!) I just saw Ghibli's The Boy and the Heron and thought that was better than any recent superhero stuff. Those seem to be more of a money-grab than any "film making. " (I'm not against actions movies, but think we need some new vision for them instead of tight outfits, lens flares and explosions .)

Reactions: NotWhoYouThink
Apr 14, 2023
Why go see dramas or romance etc, at the movies? They are for spectacle, not something that's exactly the same on a phone screen.. lol Rating Godzilla minus One so low too! Yikes! Least you knew the disney crap, was crap..

Jan 3, 2024
Why do all bloggers think they have to try to be experts on all subjects?? Stick to technical advice. I appreciate your technical advice, , , or at least I did until I read your movie comments. Now I am beginning to have doubts.
U don't like it, don't watch it, if u were to just at least try thinking for a second before hating on others for having opinions that don't fit ur opinion .

The list is actually a very accurate picture of some important names for 2023 movies and the success had with fans , I personally agree totally ,and user ratings across known review sites seems to share a close opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

NotWhoYouThink

Prominent
May 25, 2022
I'm new and saw a link to this article somewhere. I hoped I'd find some hidden gems, but they are mostly just blockbusters. Oppenheimer could have been a great movie...I don't think it was great. What about The Holdovers? One of my favorites this year (but I don't see as many as you! You're lucky!) I just saw Ghibli's The Boy and the Heron and thought that was better than any recent superhero stuff. Those seem to be more of a money-grab than any "film making. " (I'm not against actions movies, but think we need some new vision for them instead of tight outfits, lens flares and explosions .)
I’m with you. I know the critics adored Oppenheimer, but I thought it was sleep-inducing from beginning to end.