I spent a week trying 3 different stacked monitor setups — and this is my favorite

Aug 4, 2024
Yes this top bottom setup really put strain to neck and upper monitor and bottom monitor have different eye to monitor distance make it strain to eye too especially you are using it for long hour. U can't tilt up and down the chair all day long. Because the arm and elbow are in stain now cause u type and click with different posture. Or u want to get another arm for keyboard and mouse? That is not a comfort all day long position too.

I have been using left and right method. With left monitor face directly to face horizontally, for normal gaming, browsing etc. While right monitor sitting right side vertically, best for downloader, social messaging, remote desktop or control, ping and performance monitoring ( best to monitor the cpu, ram and gpu utilization while gaming), even the best part is watch hand phone style oriented video in full sceen mode! No more black bar in either vertical or horizontal video. I can see with either monitor in full screen mode.

This setup also traditionally used for programming. Or even spreadsheet will see a different result with both way. Or even typing word or read pdf in full screen mode in vertical monitor. While allow u to play game in main horizontal monitor

Horizontal monitor can use with any panel. But vertical monitor is best used with ips panel because of the viewing angle. Other type of panel will look washed out if you are not watching at correct angle.

Last edited: