Solved! I spilled tea n it went into my asus laptop in the speaker and and panel area it's not working and it's been 5 hours what should I do ?????

Solution
Unplug the both the battery and the power cord QUICK!!
Then take the unit apart to where you can remove and replace the keyboard. See YouTube for your make and model for instructions on how.
Open the top to the computer and set it on it's side with the keyboard out. Put a fan on it for 48 hours full power. Order a new keyboard while waiting for computer to dry. (EBay).
FORGET THE RICE, IT DOESN'T WORK ANYWAY. Clean out the computer fan and cooling fins of all dust and pet fur while it's apart. When you get the new keyboard installed, pray that's all it was. Power it up. If it still doesn't work, The mommy-board is fried,
replace computer, and don't spill in new one. You will only be out the price of the keyboard (about $15) if it...

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
Unplug the both the battery and the power cord QUICK!!
Then take the unit apart to where you can remove and replace the keyboard. See YouTube for your make and model for instructions on how.
Open the top to the computer and set it on it's side with the keyboard out. Put a fan on it for 48 hours full power. Order a new keyboard while waiting for computer to dry. (EBay).
FORGET THE RICE, IT DOESN'T WORK ANYWAY. Clean out the computer fan and cooling fins of all dust and pet fur while it's apart. When you get the new keyboard installed, pray that's all it was. Power it up. If it still doesn't work, The mommy-board is fried,
replace computer, and don't spill in new one. You will only be out the price of the keyboard (about $15) if it doesn't work, saving you a few hundred $$ from a shop.
Good Luck!

Last edited:
Solution

cookiealexd123

Commendable
Jul 11, 2019
obviously the tea hasn't dried from the inside within 5 hours. Most likley sitting there causing a short. I would take it apart, clean it with isopropyl alcohol or something, leave it to air then see if it works after a few more hours.

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
The tea doesn't sit there and cause a short, tea IS a short the second it hits the circuit board, assuming there was power from either the battery or power supply.
If you didn't do any of what I wrote previously, you motherboard is toast by now.

DON"T use any kind of alcohol, if you need to clean, use Distilled Water, it does not conduct electricity. When it's clean anyway, when you wipe something that is conductive, D.I. water also becomes conductive, just less so. But you should have had the battery's out, the power supply unplugged, and the CMOS battery out a long time ago.
If you haven't already taken it apart as I said before, then give up on it. Otherwise continue to follow what I already wrote.