I spilled water on my laptop

vedantkarandikar

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
I spilled some water on my laptop. It was very less. May be 30 to 50 ml .I quickly switched it off and removed the battery. It isn't my laptop and can't my father about it. How screwed am I? I have kept it upside down and hopefully keep it under the fan when everybody is asleep.

Solution
It is going to need time to dry out. The more water, the more time. It was good to open it up and remove the battery, however, depending on where it got in/could have gotten into the device, it may need to be opened more. I would leave it for a day or two at least. Open and airing out. Make sure not to try turning it on in the mean time. If you can't leave it that way without getting noticed, then you will have to fess up and take the consequences. Otherwise the device could get fried if turned on while still damp in any way, and I think that would be more of a problem than just having to wait.
It is going to need time to dry out. The more water, the more time. It was good to open it up and remove the battery, however, depending on where it got in/could have gotten into the device, it may need to be opened more. I would leave it for a day or two at least. Open and airing out. Make sure not to try turning it on in the mean time. If you can't leave it that way without getting noticed, then you will have to fess up and take the consequences. Otherwise the device could get fried if turned on while still damp in any way, and I think that would be more of a problem than just having to wait.

Solution